Based on picturesque Phuket Island and established by a native family, Katathani Hotel is dedicated to empowering and protecting the local people and the local environment which has enabled the eco-friendly Phuket resort to thrive over nearly three decades.
In cooperation with Katathani’s philanthropic branch We Love the Hometown Foundation We Love the Hometown FoundationOur sustainable Phuket resort has received numerous international Responsible Tourism awards and certifications regarding environmentalism, safety, and customer service.
Protection of the Sea
- Katathani voluntarily treats the local community waste water at its treatment plants.
272 Million Liter Rainwater Reservoir
- The Katathani reservoir nearby hotel grounds sustainably eases strain on the severely limited island water supply.
- Solar panels provide thermal energy for water heating in showers and faucets.
- Ko Green is Katathani's organically-produced and bio-degradable soaps created at the resort.
- Winner of the Phuket Zero Waste Contest, Katathani hotel recycles at least 80% of all waste, and is constantly in the process of finding new and creative ways to reduce our waste still further. We conduct ongoing training for all of our staff, hold annual sustainability exhibitions for staff and guests, and support fun, creative events (such as our “Recycled Dress Contest”!) for our staff so that we can support each other in achieving a greener hotel, and a greener world.
- Katathani's used bottle caps from re-usable glass bottles are donated to manufacturers of prosthetic limbs.
- Katathani hosts a professional beach cleaning team who clean Kata Noi Beach twice daily during the rainy season (when sea currents are strongest) and every second day during the high season. We also have daily staff teams who conduct litter patrols throughout the day 365 days per year. In addition, we sponsor regular Big Beach Clean events in which we invite guests, staff, and local community members, including school children, to volunteer in a collective effort to keep Kata Noi Beach pristine.
- At Katathani, we take pride in educating local students regarding island environmental protection through programs such as "Environmental Detectives” . In this yearly project, students work together with Katathani sustainability team leaders to solve environmental case studies related to the beach and the sea. We are particularly proud of our youth-oriented sustainability projects because we know: Children are the Future of Sustainability.
Katathani has saved millions of USD over the years by implementing comprehensive sustainability projects.
A substantial portion of these savings are donated through the We Love Hometown Foundation for the restoration and maintenance of local facilities. These savings would not be possible without our dedicated staff’s commitment to our sustainability goals, and so a portion of these savings also goes to support Katathani staff in times of crisis and to encourage and celebrate with them in times of joy, such as birthdays, staff parties, trips and other special functions.
In return for environmental efforts
||Annual Cost Saving
|Reduction of incinerator waste
|Biological Cleaning - Ko Green
|| 27,600 baht
|Hot water by solar thermal
|LED Bulbs in rooms
|Energy saving bulbs in the walkways
|Air conditioning Effciency
|Community water recycling and treatment
|Internal water recycling and treatment
|Rain water collection
World Soil Day 2019 – “Stop soil erosion, Save our future” Read More